FANTASTIC FOLLOWERS ~

Thursday 4 October 2012

CHALLENGE #5 at IN THE PINK - PINK AND ONE OTHER!

Hello my lovelies and Pink Lovers everywhere! Hope you are having a pinkilicious week!

Huge thanks to everyone who joined in our embossing challenge at IN THE PINK - there were some fabulous entries, but sadly there were several which did not include the required elements.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read the Challenge requirements before you enter - we do not enjoy being the "bad guys" and having to leave negative comments - this is supposed to be fun for you, and for us.  It also helps if you let us know how and where you have included the required element. Thank you so much.
***************
So, onto this fortnight's challenge, which is "PINK AND ONE OTHER COLOUR" !
We don't mind if you also use neutral colours for SKIN, and a white or cream BASE CARD is also acceptable. However, the majority of the creation should be pink, plus ONE other colour, and one only!  
I have to say, this is a real challenge,  and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with - I just know you will create something amazing!!  
**********
I chose Pink with Brown:-


This is another gorgeous image from A day For Daisies - I just love Tammy's artwork.
This beauty is called  "Vanity", and a mirror sprang to mind when I first saw her, as she seems to be looking at her reflection and admiring what she sees.
**********
The frames are both from the Sizzix "Oval With Ornate Edges" die set.
The outer, ornate frame has been cut from the same watercolour paper as the piece which the image is printed on, and the edges have been distressed with Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo DI.
The inner oval frame was stamped with the Indigo Blu Crackleglaze Background, then inked with the same DI as above, then a layer of  Diamond Glaze was added.
The beautiful image was loosely water-coloured with Distress Inks - Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick, and the same brown shades as above, for the hair. 
All edges inked with the above shades of brown DI.
 Computer-generated sentiment. 
Hand dyed silk ribbon from Crafty Individuals.
Pink Pirouette cardstock from Stampin' Up.

Love to all ~

28 comments:

brenda said...

A perfect fusion of colours Sylvia, gorgeous.

B x

Beryl said...

This is beautiful Sylvia. Love the ornate frame and your colouring of the image especially.
Beryl xx

Doreen said...

This is just so gorgeous Sylvia,such a lovely image and details.xxx

Denise said...

This is gorgeous Sylvia - love that image which as usual is so perfectly coloured.
I was going to enter last week but could not fit any embossing in with my image that made me happy!!! Shall use it for this week as it is still sitting on my desk already coloured!!
Hugs
Denise xx

Mrs.B said...

Stunning card Sylvia, Love the image, and beautifully coloured.
Avril xx

PS are you going to GNP on Sat?

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card Sylvia. Love the colouring, image and of coarse your design. I'm so excited & surprised this morning to be chosen at the last challenge :) Have a great day ! Shirleyx

Home sweet home said...

Hi Sylvia
Gorgeous and beautiful card,lovely image and I love your details too.

Wish you a lovely week.

Merethe

Gini said...

Absolutely beautiful Sylvia, the mirror idea is brilliant :-)
Gini
xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Simply gorgeous Sylvia...love the image and beuaitul colours..

Anne

RefRacBe said...

Love how you have done the mirror and frames. Rachel.

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous card, Sylvia-Anne! Love the colors, the beautifully colored image and the pretty ribbon! Great work! Hugs

Kathleen said...

What a stunning card, love the choice of 'other colour' and the mirror colour looks to match her hair perfectly, how clever.

KAth x

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely colours and a gorgeous card Sylvia.
hugs {brenda} xox

coops said...

so stunning sylvia.i love your vintage image and gorgeous colours ;D

xx coops xx

Aileen said...

Gorgeous creation Sylvia. The browns are perfect for the mirror and I love the shone you've achieved. x

Suze Bain said...

This is so lovely Sylvia, she really is a beautiful maiden and I love how the ornate die framing the sentiment. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! An absolutely gorgeous creation Sylvia! A beautiful image and I love the frame.
xx

Kim S said...

This is truly stunning! Every detail is perfect right down to the flowing ribbon through the frame!

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is stunning oh i love love the colour combo,and that image is just divine love it too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxx

CraftinGranny said...

Totally gorgeous Sylvia!!!! So glad you had a wonderful holiday in Rome. Glad the "Pink" challenge blog is doing so well and hope to start playing more again. Sending you warm thoughts and hugs.

Sasha said...

Hi Sylvia,
Hope you had a lovely break!
Sorry, I must have missed this one!
I love your clever idea with the mirror...and your distress ink water colouring looks fabulous! Love how you threaded your pretty ribbon through the frame! Gorgeous card! xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Sylvia I do love those iamges and youve done a clever thing with the mirror using it for the sentiment. Your card is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Mau xx said...

Hi Sylvia, I am trying again to leave a comment, it wouldn't post it yesterday :( My internet has been a total pain!! over two hours to load my blog post yesterday....grrr!! Ntl say its my old Modem, another is on its way in 48hrs so hopefully things will improve.
First,Sorry I think I missed your anniversary, hope you had a lovely day.
Congratulations to you both xxxxxxxx
Next I loved your itp card, and the Ribbon detail is beautiful!
3rd but not least..Thanks for following my blog I am thrilled to have you on board and hopefully I will be in full swing in another week :)a better blogger :)
Huge Hugs Mau xx

nnalorac said...

Your card is gorgeous Sylvia-Ann, love the Pink and Brown, lovely design and lovely image. Thank you for your lovely comment on my card earlier.
crafty hugs
Carol

Delphine said...

Gorgeous! Such a beautiful image and I love the design of your card! And your choice of brown is perfect, one of my favourite combos:-)! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Thank you for your lovely comment:-)

Larissa said...

Hi Sylvia!

How are you doing?
Gorgeous card, I love the combination of pink and brown, so pretty.

Hugs,
Larissa

Duendes said...

Querida amiga ,
seu trabalho é sempre tao lindo e de grande delicadeza....eu amo apreciar a sua arte.

Grande abraço.

Unknown said...

A beautiful card Sylvia gorgeous image, I hope you are well..
Hugs Sarah x